This is very comfort food for kids and very simple to cook. Its colourful, sweet and nutritious food.
Definitely kids will love this.
Basmathi rice - 1 cup
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Carrot - 1 sliced diagonally
Frozen green Peas - 1/2 cup
Cloves - 2 nos
Bay leaf - 1
Green chillies - 2(slitted )
Cashewnuts - 10
Butter - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Soak the rice for 10 - 15 mins.
2. I used coconut milk powder so to make one cup of milk, add 3 tablespoons of coconut milk powder.
3. Heat butter in a pressure cooker, season with cloves and bayleaf ( jeera can also b added but i skipped as my son doesn't like it).
3. Then add the green chilies, carrot and peas and saute for a min.
4. Add the soaked rice, coconut milk and salt. Along with this add half a cup of water and stir once.
5. Close the lid and cook for 10-15 mins ( low - medium flame )
* Do not pressure cook.
6. Once ready, garnish with chopped coriander and fried cashews.
7. Serve with pickle or raitha or chips.